Monday, September 28, 2009

What we do...



What do the Zappo Sisters do when they are not talking about Zappos or Zapponia?

Sister is the intellectual; has her own business; is married; participates in half-marathons; is a gourmet cook; loves to travel and is the “mom” of a two cats: Buster (the older) and Bismarck, the kitten.  At the moment, life with Sister is revolving around Bis and his antics. She can post some of her laughs with Bis and his pictures as he evolves.  Bis was a foundling, who appeared one day in July at their front door loudly meowing.  After some coaxing, tuna, milk and a strong will, Sister captured him cowering in a storm drain and introduced Bis to the glories of inside living.  See if you can find him in his toy basket with buddies.  Day one with the humans.



 Another post Sister will make involves SCAMS online.  She was the victim of a wicked scam in June that has made both of us more aware than ever of customer service and attitudes and bad people.

I am a retired teacher, who has had a few part-time jobs, since the classroom, where I polished my computer skills.  In April, I left a part-time position; discovered Zappos; drove a friend to chemo for weeks; and started writing.  I am the luckiest woman on earth because I do not cook or shop for groceries; my husband does that! Sister delights in sending and receiving recipes from her dear brother-in-law.  We, also, have two cats: Abbi the tabby and Lucy the red.  But in addition to the cats, I have a horse, which was my childhood wish from the time I could talk.  It took 38 years to make the wish come true but it was worth the wait.  “The Honey Horse” is my second horse and you will read more about her. Does my husband ride?  No, but he totally likes horse tales after my afternoons at the barn. My husband and I are avid readers and books we enjoy will be shared.



Abbi and Lucy have both enjoyed "walking in sunshine" on their leashes. Note that I am wearing flip flops while walking Abbi. the Honey horse is prancing and dancing in a little parade.  (A professional is riding her!)




It should be mentioned that our dear husbands are extremely supportive of our adventures but prefer to remain anonymous for the most part.  They have encouraged us to do this blog; buy shoes; take sister trips; buy shoes; have hobbies; buy shoes and talk on the phone many times each day.  Thank goodness for unlimited minutes.  One of our next challenges is to learn text and twitter.  Who would have thought 40 years ago that a home phone would be obsolete?










No comments:

Post a Comment